Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bubbers turns ONE!!!!


Well, this may not exactly be our best picture ever but it was the only one that I got with the birthday boy. As you can see, he wasn't exactly thrilled about the hat. I can't believe that he is already a year old. Man, how time flies!
As some of you may have heard me state on numerous occasions as it is also one of my favorite quotes listed on facebook, I truly believe that live is too short to not live it with intention. I have uttered those words to myself SO many times over the years that it is unbelievable to me how often I in fact, do quite the opposite. There have been quite a few situations lately in which I have realized how true those words are. Time does fly by and before you know it relationships, goals, hopes, promises....they all fly right on by with it. When we live life just to get by or just to "go through the motions "(thank you Dad for that quote!), we miss out on all that life really is supposed to be.
I just have really been hit hard with how important it is to be genuine and intentional lately. My relationships with my family, friends and God are so much more rewarding when this is the case and I find that life is so much more fulfilling and fun and it sets the groundwork for days and months to come. Just something I have been pondering.
Funny story for you. Well, at least I think it's pretty funny. The other morning one of my co-workers who is in charge of inventory alerted me to the fact that we were missing two full bottles of Xanax XR. Now for those of you who don't know what this drug is I am guessing one of these options might be true about you 1.) You've never seen an episode of ER, Grey's anatomy or House MD 2.) You don't watch a lot of movies 3.) You've never struggled with anxiety or being antsy (highly medical term). Anyways, my coworker was just curious about a couple of things and was not indeed asking me if I had stolen said medications. Later in the day I was walking around the pharmacy like a chicken with my head cut off (as always), laughing and being very sarcastic with my co-workers (as always)...when the pharmacy manager stopped me and asked "Hey Abbie, I was just wondering...what gives you all of your energy and joy? You are just always so happy and energetic and I was wondering what you did to stay that way ALL the time?" I have to tell you guys, the first thing that popped into my head was "Is this a test? Is he quizzing me to see if I admit to taking the Xanax??" I looked at him and in a very thought-out response said "Uh, I don't know. It's just the way I am." I'm pretty sure I am no longer a suspect!
Also, just to let you know. Bubbers is Elijah's nickname given by my mom. I really feel sorry for the poor kid, and am praying that another cooler nickname comes soon as I don't want to be responsible for him having to take Xanax some day.

No comments: