Monday, May 18, 2009

Just wanted to tell you...



Well, this weekend another one bit the dust. You see, growing up or at least for a large very important part....there were 6 of us. Some of us came in later and some were there from the very beginning, but there were 6. Six very different, equally amazing girls. Six girls who came from different homes, had different struggles but through it all we had each other. Now pardon me if this gets cheesy, I'm really good at that! I also want you to know that I fully intend on bawling by the end of this post.
Now you might ask why if there are 6 of us, would I put up a picture of 4? The answer is, this movie was our favorite one to watch. We would go over to one person's house on a Friday after school, eat as much junk (Doritos, starbursts,skittles, mtn. dew, pizza and of course cookies freshly baked by Em's dad) as possible and watch this movie over and over. We would switch it up sometimes. There was always Casper with the incredibly dreamy Devon Sawa or as we got older...my personal favorite, Tommy Boy. Through it all, we grew up together. We had the bond of our faith and I know the missions trips, softball teams, dances, classes and times shared crying over lame stuff like boys helped us to grow together and create something truly special.
I saw you all this weekend and the joy my heart felt is unexplainable. Life has thrown each of us a few trials. We have all changed SO much and gone in a lot of different directions. But through all of that...we are still " The 6 Of Us". I love each of you girls SO much and know all of you feel the same. I love when we do get to see each other but it is not often enough. I know that the bond that was created all those years ago is not gone.
I need you to know, I am here for you. I know each of us has A LOT on our plates right now. I want to share in your joys, pains, laughter and anxiousness. I am so thrilled to watch you grow and become. I love being a part of that. I want to make the commitment to each of you...to be there for you, to love you and to pray for you. I mean that. I do not say it without knowing the true commitment it brings. I AM HERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT! Oh yeah, and I love you!
One more thing, and this is VERY important....PLEASE PLEASE don't let me turn out like Chrissy!

No comments: