Sunday, December 28, 2008

And here...it continues!



Well there they are. The three most precious people in my life. Elise on the far left is 4 now and she honestly is so special. The day she was born I knew that she was going to keep us in stitches and that she would bring a smile to many people's faces. For Christmas she got a plastic 3 foot tall pony from my parents and her reaction was priceless. I love her to pieces.

Elijah is 9 months old tomorrow. Upon arriving on Santa's lap he automatically reached up and pulled on his beard to check and see if it was real. He is an incredibly happy baby, who also happens to be the cutest little boy I have ever seen (I am not biased!). I can't wait to see his personality develop. Although it is evident he likes music. His favorite song of the moment is Jason Mraz's -I'm yours. As soon as he hears the words he starts grooving!

Isabelle is 6 and she will always hold a special place in my heart. Being the first grandchild in a family makes it that way automatically. I bonded with her more than I have gotten to with the others because I got to watch her half days a couple of days a week for the first 9 months of her life. She is the "big sister" to all.
Christmas was good, not great as I feel this season went by WAY too fast. I never got to drive around looking at lights, or enjoy making Christmas candy with my family. With this new job and the weather being what it has been I feel like life has been a little hectic. I'm sorry to those of you who have been trying to call and hang out. I am going to do better:)
Life is full of transitions right now. I am watching more and more friends get engaged, have babies, start new exciting jobs, move to new homes....whatever. This time of year is always a little hard with that. Trusting God is something I have to remind myself of daily. I know that he has a million plans for me and I really do believe they are greater than I can imagine. I know I need to be ready, willing and able to go and do as he plans when the call comes. That doesn't always make the waiting easier. I also know I can't just sit at home, in the corner and expect change to happen. I also know that I have A LOT to be thankful for right now. And I am...thankful.

1 comment:

WoRds/WoNDer said...

So move to DC! j/k...kinda ;) Love you! We need to talk soon.