Thursday, November 26, 2009

A glimpse of my thoughts...

Happy Thanksgiving first of all! I need to make sure to say that one to you. Wherever you are, whatever your circumstances...I am sure there is something to be thankful for. For me there are more things then I can get down here. God has been SO good to me. There are the simple everyday joys he throws at me when I am observant enough to pay attention and there are the deep, meaningful, life changing things that I will only recognize when I take the time to look and realize. He has been good.
That being said, He hit me today with a realization. I think a little bit lately I have been being thankful "despite the circumstances" as opposed to "because of them". Now, don't get me wrong, I have a lot to be thankful for and to be honest...there are no really big trials that I personally, am facing right now. The problem is that things aren't exactly where I might have hoped they would be and even though I feel as if we are working towards a few goals...I am not at the finishing line right now. I have chosen to keep pushing and working towards them and have not allowed any obstacles to slow me down for too long. I have not, however, been thankful for where I am at. So today, I will make an effort. I will try to look at the circumstances... as they are...and be thankful. This time, this place, these feelings and experiences...they are ALL part of it. I pray for you today...my friends, family and maybe people I don't know...I pray that He will show you how to be truly thankful. Thankful not despite the hardships, but somehow thankful because of them. He is working. This is not something I say to make you or myself feel better....He is working. This I KNOW! May you feel his joy today!

No comments: