Sunday, November 22, 2009

I apologize!

Ok, so that last post was disorganized and completely lame. I don't promise this one will be better. Things are going pretty well. I am enjoying life right now and trying to adjust to the change in daylight. Jada has decided that to ensure she gets a walk she is going to wake me up at 5 AM EVERYDAY. I take her in the morning before work, drive in to work, leave work and get home when it is pitch black outside. This causes quite a problem. At this point I immediately feel as if I haven't slept in a week and must in turn go to bed at 8:30 p.m. I try to tell myself that this is due to the weather and has nothing to do with the fact that I am now an old lady.
Last week was a rough one at work. By Thursday, I HAD HAD IT!!! My pharmacist Brian was aware of the way I felt and I am sure I was a little bit more quarrelsome as the week had gone on. I got to work on Thursday to find a box of what appeared to be vials sitting at my station with my name (spelled wrong) written on it. Instantly I WAS LIVID. I said something like " this from you (to Brian)?" To which he replied, "YES!!!". I then said, "Well, you spelled my name wrong (in a tone I hadn't used since I was 13 and angry at my mom for some lame reason)! " Brian kept smiling and said "Look inside!!!" To which I responded, " I GET IT BRIAN, my vials need to be you may have noticed it has been a rather stressful week for me." As I was responding to this I opened the box. Sitting inside were not the 500- 16 dram vials I expected to, sitting inside was a 11 pack of my favorite soda (Diet Dr. Pepper for those taking notes!) with a note telling me one was chilling in the freezer for me. Needless to say, my face which normally has no pigment, turned BRIGHT red. I felt horrible. Now Brian knew that he was a large portion of my stress, but still, I felt bad for reacting so rashly. Everyone who knows me though, knows I am not a fan of being micromanaged.
Thursday night I did something stupid. I went to the midnight showing of New Moon. It was not was spontaneous. I did this, knowing that the next morning I would have to get up and bake some of my famous cookies, as I had promised them to a co-worker for his b-day. So, I went to the movie with my best friend, her husband (the loudest cheerer in the theater), her brother and....HER PARENTS! It was stinking hilarious. We went to the block E theater and so by the time I got home is was 3:30 AM. I woke up at 6:30AM and made cookies while drinking a red bull! Jada made sure to get her walk and I was off to work on 3 hours of sleep. Needless to say, I really hope I didn't kill anyone that day. Good thing I am not the final check. My coworkers are considering a caffeine intervention for me. Whatever, I know I don't have a problem!
Final note, I went to see The Blind Side on Friday with my family. It was great. I totally recommend it, just not after you have had 3 hours of sleep the night before. Also, my Steelers will pull through in the end. I just know it! Finally, it really does taste more like regular Dr. Pepper!

No comments: