Sunday, November 15, 2009

A long time coming...













Hey, SO sorry about how long it has been since I updated. My computer has been broken since I got back from Boston. I must say, I don't know how I survived pre-1990(ish). The Internet is definitely something I can live without...but life isn't as fun. So now to update you on some of the things that happened since my last post.

1.) I went to Boston, had an AMAZING time, turned 26 and was reminded of how blessed I am. Highlights included: -Waking up from a nap, to find myself standing over Carrie's bed with my fist in the air in a stabbing motion. I have never woken up in the midst of sleep walking before. This was weird and hilarious(I think Carrie would agree).

- Being offered pot for the first time in my life. It only took 26 years! Don't worry mom....I said no.
- Walking down a street in the North End to find it lined with the trucks for the team filming Ben Affleck's new movie. After realizing this we found a coffee shop on the corner and sat in the window overlooking the street while watching them film a scene.
- Seeing Ben Affleck dressed as a nun as he drove a minivan down the street less than 10 feet away from me.
- Hanging out with AMAZING friends in Boston
- Climbing all 294 stairs to the top of the Bunker Hill monument.
- Being told by our concierge that I didn't have a MN accent only to have that corrected when I said the word "one".
- Mike's pastries! I have never had a cannoli nor did I ever think I would want one. I was SO wrong.
- Sitting in the middle of one of the prettiest parks I have ever seen. I would highly recommend the Boston Commons area.
- Fenway
- Dunkin Donuts coffee
-The Sam Adams Brewery where I discovered "Cherry Wheat".
-My Steelers beat the Vikings...on my b-day!

There were a lot of other experiences but these were some of the top. Now I have been home for a few weeks and things are going pretty well. I will update more later though as this post has gotten rather long (as they usually do). Hope all is well in your world and if you are looking for a great city to visit, Boston would definately fit into that catagory for me. It is extremely walkable and SO much fun. There was SO much history and character to it.





No comments: