Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I can't believe I just did that!

Well for those of you that know me well, you know that I am about as passive as Paris Hilton is annoying. Last Friday night, some of my friends and I went to Brits pub for a happy hour. While we were there our waitress was rude to us the WHOLE time. We spent over $200 and when the tab came we decided to not be that annoying group that asks the server to split the tab between 15 different credit cards all of which are the same color and all of which require different charges. Our brilliant idea was to give her a large portion in cash and to ask her to split the remaining amount between 2 credit cards. I personally always carry cash for happy hours as I don't want to participate in the please put this much on this card and this much on this card debacle. Anywho....when we asked the server to do this her response was "(heavy sigh that implicates a problem)". To which I responded "Oh, is that going to be a problem (in my normal voice which as you know is more suited for a cartoon character that only talks of flowers and rainbows)?" Her response floored me. She said "well, I guess it's OK but usually when people do it that way....I don't get a tip!" To which my brain responded " you want a tip...I've got your tip right here pal" but my mouth responded "Oh...you'll get your tip!"
I have dealt with customer service for 10 years....at no point did I look at a customer and say "uh, yeah...the way your doing things is going to be a problem for me." When someone tells me that if I don't get there 30 med order typed, processed through insurance, filled and checked in 30 minutes they are going to leave without it- I don't usually look at them and say "uh yeah, about that....that would really be a problem for me." I may think it and that is my business but I do not say it.
So, now I've done it. I sent...a complaint e-mail. My friends made me. We were all so angry we did the only thing we could think of....we left her a 30% tip and walked out of there with our dignity (well most of us did anyways). Now I just have to wait 2 business days to see what happens. I am scared. What if they have the waitress call me and tell me what an inconvenience it was that I called her out? Oh no, now I won't be able to show my face there again...she might sigh heavily and roll her eyes at me? Oh well, not quite the large dilemma but I am somewhat proud of myself for following through with a complaint as usually I let people get away with treating me poorly. She picked the wrong day to mess with me. I woke up that morning and definitely put my crabby pants on!
Side note to the worlds longest most pointless blog post. Today as I was driving home I saw a semi with a bumper sticker that read "be a flirt, lift your shirt, hike your skirt" I was trying to decipher what it said when out of nowhere the semi driver honked his horn at me....what did I do? Took the next left turn off that road!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn that waitress!!! and damn that semi driver!! RUDE!!

WoRds/WoNDer said...

I'm proud of you Abs. That was classy to leave a tip. (I probably would have written something on the check like, "Here's a tip- you're rude." Although, you probably should have given that semi driver the bird. We'll work on that when I come home. ;)