Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I found the culprit!




A couple of my co-workers approached me today because after this weekend I have a few bruises up and down my arms. After one of my co-workers proceeded to poke me right on one of the bruises she declared that it looked like someone had grabbed me around the arm and pulled really hard. I informed her that I had no idea where the bruise had come from. My other co-worker then asked me if I was in an abusive relationship. I of course said no, without hesitation. I now know that is not the case.
If you look closely at the photo above, you will see "the culprit" in the process of starting an attack. Now this picture was taken over two years ago (I know, don't I look young!). As I evaluate the relationship I have with "TC" I realize that it is indeed one of abuse. There have been numerous bruises, cuts all up and down my arms, the occasional nose ring being ripped out. I remember one time when I had to tell a patient who was concerned, that it was indeed my puppy that was causing all of the scrapes on my arm.
Now I know she looks harmless and cute but do not be fooled. This relationship has been very turbulent. Once when "TC" was mad at me while driving down the road, she decided to just jump out of the car window on the highway. I am definitely reevaluating this relationship.
I leave tomorrow for a trip to Idaho for our family reunion. I will be travelling with my nieces and my sister. We're driving! Should be a blast. I am planning on using a tip that I learned a long time ago. Benedryl is a good babysitter! I'm sure there will be stories!

No comments: